Great news! You can now more easily let others know you're recording a meeting with Rewind by adding a "Recording with Rewind" overlay to your video. This feature is in its early stages, and we are excited to explore ways to simplify and integrate it into the product. Here's an example of what it looks like in action:
Instructions on how to get started:
2. Enable the required permissions for OBS to run on your computer.
3. Select "I will only be using the virtual camera" and run the Auto-Configuration Wizard. Finish by selecting "Next" then "Apply Settings."
4. After you've installed OBS, you can now add your camera as a source. To do so, press the plus button under the sources tab at the bottom (highlighted in purple below).
5. Next select "Video Capture Device" from the list and choose a name for it (e.g. Webcam). You can then select your normal camera from the list (in my case I use the built in FaceTime HD Camera).
6. Next download one of the "Recording with Rewind" images to put over your video. We give you many options so you can choose the one that is best for you. Select an image from this folder. If you are are unsure about which one to download, we recommend this one:
7. We need to add one more source: the "Recording with Rewind" image you just downloaded. Once again select the plus button under sources and select "Image" and choose a name for it (e.g. "Recording with Rewind overlay").
8. Next select the path to the image you just downloaded.
9. Now, reposition the image to the a good spot on your screen.
10. Now you are ready to start the virtual camera by selecting the "Start Virtual Camera" under the far right section.
11. Now when you join a meeting, you can select the "OBS Virtual Camera" under the video source. Here's an example of how that looks in Zoom.
If you have any questions, please reach out to [email protected] for more help. Happy Rewinding!
Why is "Recording with Rewind" showing up backwards on the call:
You can change mirroring options under video settings of your meeting software (Zoom, Google Meets, etc). In Zoom you can change this by going under Video Settings and unchecking "Mirror my video"
If you are unable to change the mirroring options on your meeting software, you can flip the "Recording with Rewind" image horizontally by right clicking on the image in OBS > "Transform" > "Flip Horizontal"
Why isn't OBS Virtual Camera showing up as an option to select when I am selecting which camera to use for a meeting?
If OBS Virtual Camera isn't showing up as make sure you have enabled all necessary permissions (Select "OBS Studio" in the top menu bar > "Review App Permissions"). If it still isn't working try quitting OBS Studio and restarting your computer. After your computer restarts, launch OBS, turn on the virtual camera, and try again.